Do you haul containers and are looking for insurance providers that can help you get insurance that meets UIIA requirements?
What is UIIA intermodal trucking insurance?
The Uniform Intermodal Interchange and Facilities Access Agreement (UIIA) is the only standard industry contract that outlines the rules for the interchange of equipment between intermodal trucking companies and equipment providers (ocean carriers, railroads & equipment leasing companies).
Intermodal motor carriers transport container-based freight, usually from shipping ports where you mostly do local runs between ports and railyards during the day.
If you do not have insurance that meets UIIA requirements, then a motor carrier will not be allowed into a port or rail yard.
Let CNS Insurance compare quotes that meet all UIIA insurance requirements for commercial trucking companies, which include:
- General Liability with a limit of $1 million per occurrence with excess up to $5,000,000
- Auto Liability with a CSL (combined single limit) of $1 million with excess up to $5,000,000 Auto Policy must be marked as either an “ANY AUTO”, “SCHEDULED AND HIRED” or “ALL OWNED and HIRED” policy
- *Cargo Insurance limits up to $1,000,000
- *Trailer Interchange Coverage from $20,000 with excess up to $100,000. This is to cover physical damage to non-owned equipment while in the care, custody and control of your insured.
- Workers Compensation and Employer’s Liability (if applicable)
Commercial Trucking Insurance Secrets To Prevent Coverage Gaps For Your Fleet
Carriers may also purchase hired and non-owned insurance since they typically lease the chassis. Trailer interchange coverage must be purchased as well to protect against physical damage of the containers being transported.
Get a quick insurance quote for your UIIA intermodal truck business
Fleets often request insurance quotes several months before their coverage expires. This is to give them time to compare rates, types of coverage, and build trust with insurance providers that are looking out for your best interests.
It never hurts to get a quote and try saving money on your commercial truck insurance premiums. Give us a call anytime and we can discuss lowering your premiums or getting a quote to see where you stand.
Our specialists will review your insurance needs and recommend coverages that protect you and your company.
Before we can get you an estimate, we are going to need some information. Fill out a quick quote below to get started.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 800.724.5523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.